A big thank you to Sheila from Savour Life, SpringForever for nominating me for the Liebster Blog Award. I am very grateful for all my readers, followers, likers, commenters, award giving fellow bloggers, etc 🙂 Blogging won’t be nearly as fun without you!
Accepting the Liebster award, comes with a few tasks: first, I need to answer a series of questions from Sheila, secondly I need to nominate fellow bloggers for the award and then I get to ask some questions as well. So here it goes:
1. What, or who, inspires you?
My biggest inspiration came from my Chemistry teacher. She didn’t only teach me how to love chemistry, but she also taught me how to be a strong woman, believe in myself and never be put down by negative people around me. In terms of food, many things inspire me: fresh produce vibrant colors, food science, delicious smells, etc.
2. What is your favourite appetiser?
I can’t come up with just one. I think I most often order mussels and fresh spring rolls.
3. If you could live in a different decade or even century, which would it be and why?
This is a tough one. Maybe the 1970s since it is post WWII, women had more rights, post Marie Curie who open lots of doors for females in science and it was still early enough to make an impact in science. This is of course, assuming I wouldn’t be living in Romania since I the communist period was very tough to live in.
4. When you were a child, what did you want to be when your grew up?
An engineer to prove to my father that women can be great engineers (he was often complaining about some women in his office) 🙂
5. Why did you start a blog?
To keep a record of all the recipes I try and make it easier for my sister to make them.
6. What is your favorite part of blogging?
The people and blogs I’ve discovered.
7. Name one personality trait that you like about yourself.
hmmm…maybe that I love to try new things and take on new challenges.
8. If you were to give a speech on any topic, what would it be?
maybe on why making non-fat yogurt won’t solve the obesity crisis 🙂 or on a more serious note, I would love to speak to high school students about why they should love science.
9. How do you de-stress?
Baking or exercising, but if I’m really whipped out watching TV with a glass of wine/warm tea.
10. What is your dream career?
Winemaker, but I would not say no to a job in food industry or art conservation. I am actually starting to look for a job, so any recommendations will help 🙂
11. If money were no object, where would you live and why?
I am on the fence between a warm island (Hawaii?) or a nice cottage in the European country side. I also loved Northern Ireland, but I am not sure how I feel about the rain.
Now passing on the award in no particular order:
1. Eat Drink and Be Manly no gender bias when it comes to cooking 🙂
2. SnapFlyCook three of my favorite pastimes as well
5. Llindseyl beautiful pictures
6. Hot, Cheap and Easy, the title says it all.
8. en quete de saveur what can I say, I like French words 🙂
And now the questions (I kept some and added some of my own):
1. If you were to take a cooking class, what would it be?
2. If you were to open a restaurant, what type of restaurant would it be?
3. What is your favourite part of blogging?
4. If money were no object, where would you live and why?
5. What is your favorite TV show?
6. If you could mix any flavors you wanted, what would you put in your birthday cake?
7. What would be your dream vacation?
8. What’s your favorite celebrity chef?
9. What’s your favorite kitchen gadget?
10. Best Christmas present you ever received or gifted?
11. Name one personality trait that you like about yourself.
And the rules of the Liebster Blog award are as follows:
1. Visit and thank the blogger who nominated you.
2. Acknowledge that blogger on your blog and link back.
3. Answer the 11 questions proposed by the person who nominated you.
4. Select 11 people for the award.
5. Pose 11 new questions to the new nominees.