When I started this blog, one post a day for most days didn’t seem too hard…I mean, I do have lots of recipes I want to share with everyone! Of course, this didn’t happen as most nights I just want to crash on my couch and just quickly whip up some salad, nothing worth mentioning on this blog. Also, I have been struggling capturing good quality pictures as most of the recipes are made during the night in my not so brightly illuminated kitchen. Some days I feel defeated and wonder if it’s still worth blogging, but then I post a new recipe and your comments and likes brighten my day. The day I was nominated to the Versatile Blogger Award by Acorn in the kitchen was particularly exciting. Thank you again for the nomination!
The rules of the nomination are that I have to share 7 random facts about myself and then nominate 15 bloggers that I read/follow.
Here are the first 7 facts that I thought about:
- I didn’t use to like pepper so my mom used to use whole peppercorns in the cabbage rolls so that my sister and I could remove them. Now I love freshly ground pepper on anything! (well, except desserts :))
- Speaking of cabbage rolls, I love the taste the cabbage gives to them, but I only eat the meat inside and leave the cabbage untouched!
- I lived without a TV for most of my time in the US. One of my friends insisted that I take her old TV last Aug since my new apt comes with free cable. I forgot how bad the TV news can be!
- I fell in love with Chicago as a city, but I still hate the cold winter winds.
- One of my favorite activities is biking on the Michigan lake bike path in the summer. I also love a relaxing weekend morning when I can enjoy a nice cup of coffee, a good book and/or the view from my studio (same view as the header picture on the blog)
- I sometimes find it hard to cook just for myself, but I love cooking for my friends
- I met my best friends in Chicago mainly through food. In my opinion, nothing beats good food with good company…and maybe a bit of alcohol 🙂
Now, I just have to nominate 15 bloggers. The first nomination will go to my sister since she is the reason I started this blog. The others are just blogs I enjoy following and there is no reasoning behind the order. I’ve realized a lot of bloggers I follow have already received the award, so I tried my best not to doubly nominate and spread the award to new awesome bloggers! There isn’t one day spent on wordpress that I don’t discover a good blog.
- Picky Niki
- domestic diva, M.D.
- My Fancy Pantry
- Life Made Whole
- acacia photography
- Gabrielle Whitney
- The Little GSP
- My Journey Through Thick and Thin
- Sacred kitchen